25/09/2013 - 27/09/2013
Call for Abstracts open - deadline 31 May 2013
The wind industry in South Africa is in full execution mode, with at least eight wind farms under construction. All wind farms in Round 1 have reached financial close, and many valuable lessons have been learnt that will facilitate the up-scaling of these successes.
South Africa aims to build a new infrastructure sector, affordably meet the energy needs of the country and use the opportunity to create community development, develop skills and create jobs. For this third edition of Windaba, proposals are requested on any subject of interest in this phase of the growth of our industry, while special emphasis will be placed this year on adding the following aspects to the Windaba programme:
- What technical interventions are needed to develop the potential of wind power in South Africa over and above the 9,000 MW presently envisioned in the IRP 2010?
- What is the role of small wind turbines, off-grid applications, mini-grids, rural electrification and hybrid systems?
- How can better regional integration in Southern and East Africa unlock an export market for locally manufactured wind equipment?
- What role is implied for wind power by the acceptance of the National Development Plan?
- What is the role of Special Development Zones for wind power?
WINDaba is the official wind industry event hosted by the South African Wind Energy Association (SAWEA) in partnership with GWEC. The annual conference and exhibition will take place from 25-27 September 2013, at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
The Call for Abstracts closes on 30 May 2013. Further information can be found on the event website