Your main task is to drive aggressive top line growth through the establishment of Vaisala as the premier organization in practice and perception for helping the renewable energy market manage weather related risks. You will do this both as an individual contributor owning key customer relationships and by managing and leading a team of sales professionals in the EMEA region. You will increase sales by building Vaisala presence and brand recognition among customers and stake holders in EMEA. You will also work in close cooperation with colleagues in Vaisala to create and define future product and service offerings and sales and marketing strategy by communicating customers’ changing needs across Vaisala.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on sales professional as well as a leader and manager with a holistic view. We are looking for an innovative thinker that works collaboratively with customers, enjoys the challenge of creating new business opportunities, and brings a large set of established relationships within the global energy industry.
This position reports to Vaisala´s Energy Business Unit´s Global Sales Director and is located at one of the Vaisala offices in Europe.
- Growing and generating revenue by maximizing the sales of weather related products and services with a market focus on Energy customers in EMEA
- Building Vaisala presence, leading to increased sales and brand recognition, among defined markets such as financial stake holders, developers and utilities
- Working for early identification of potential business opportunities and to build and nurture long term relationships and partnerships.
- Building, leading and coaching a high performance team consisting of dedicated professionals
- Successfully introducing Vaisala´s comprehensive renewable energy portfolio to the EMEA market
- Achieving sales budget, profitability and cost-efficiency
Requirements and Qualifications:
4 year degree / higher level degree is a plus
10+ years of overall sales and business development experience (preferably in the renewable energy industry)
5+ years of experience in the renewable energy industry and highly developed industry contacts
4+ years of leadership and managerial experience
Good understanding of the region’s business cultures
Good networking and influencing skills
Ability to comprehend science and engineering requirements
Willingness to travel internationally (estimated at 50%)
Fluent English a must, additional relevant languages are a plus
We offer an international and challenging work environment in a growing business. At Vaisala the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with interesting, motivated, and professional people within an organization that strongly supports personal growth and continued development.
Only resumes submitted via our online applicant tracking system will be considered for this position. Please attach your resume/cv and include your salary requirements.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2015