GWEC Chairman Dr. Klaus Rave will be chairing the side event at the 22nd World Energy Congress on 14 October 2013 in Daegu, Korea
The programme includes:
A Case Study on offshore wind energy development in the UK and in Korea
- UK Offshore achievement and future plans - Mr. James Baell
- Hurdles to offshore wind development in Korea and lessons learnt from UK - Dr. Rimtaig Lee
A Panel discussion with the following topics:
- Will offshore wind be a major contributor to the energy mix in the course of 10 to 20 years?
- How to overcome hurdles to offshore wind world-wide?
- How to achieve cost reduction in offshore sector?
- Setting regulatory framework for better grid access
- How to make offshore projects viable or bankable?
- Who will be the top 5 players in the offshore wind market globally in 5-10 years?
The panellists include
Chair: Dr. Rave, Chairman of GWEC
- Ms. Maria McCaffery, CEO of RenewableUK
- Mr. I-raq Hong, Deputy Chairman of the Committee of Trade, Industry & Energy, National Assembly, Korea
- Dr. Jun-Dong Kim, Deputy Minister in charge of Energy, Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy, Korea
- Dr. Nam Sung Ahn, President of KETEP
- Mr. IN-Kyu Choi, KEPCO CDO/CEO of Korea Offshore Wind Power
- Mr. Byung-Yong, Kang, Samsung Heavy Industry SVP
- Mr. Jurgen Kroning, EWE Managing Director, Germany
- Dr. Rimtaig Lee, Chairman of Korea Wind Energy Industry Association
Date and time : 14 October 2013, 10:00 - 12:00
Venue: 22nd World Energy Congress, EXCO in Daegu, Korea, 13-17 October 2013 as a side event in addition to Nuclear Forum, Gas Forum, Hydro power Forum, Day of Russia, Canadian Day and Forum on Green Energy among others.